Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am a witch, I am also a doctor. If you put those two together, you can say I am a witchdoctor. If you look it up on Wikipedia you'll find that witchdoctors are traditional healers in Third World Countries; which is dumb of course unless you say my country - with big buildings and people dying of cancer or other rich people sicknesses with the government giving money away for people to donate organs - is a Third World Country. I am a witch in every sense of the word, I keep a black cat and rabbits who help with my potions, black candles and curtains and sticks, I think you get the picture. I am also a doctor during the day, white coats and medical jargons. Need proof? I know what tachycardia is (and amyloidosis, and cardiac arrhythmia), but that is beside the point. I had a slight misunderstanding with my colleague the other day (she was being all-knowing and snobbish in the ER) and then she had an accident that broke her arm. Just last night a patient came in, needing brain surgery and since the aforementioned colleague was the best neurosurgeon there is, I had to stitch back up the arm of her voodoo doll. Being vengeful is sooo last few centuries; and look where the witches then ended - being burnt on their own magic sticks. I'd rather give voodoo dolls acupuncture and play doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment